Welcome To Giffen’s:
The Giffen Family has a secret and that’s our award winning butter tart recipe created by Giffen’s matriarch, Eileen Giffen. Our bakers are perfectionists when it comes to our famous butter tarts and fresh fruit pies, available year-round. Apple, cherry, raspberry, strawberry rhubarb & blueberry are always baked with local fresh (or frozen) fruit. Our kitchen serves delicious breakfasts and lunches daily until 2pm. Made-to-order eggs, homestyle soups everyday and daily lunch specials. We also make our own frozen, carry-home entrees like lasagna, mac and cheese, various pot pies, cabbage rolls and more. Buy one and you’ll be back for more! Frank and Eileen Giffen started growing apples on 5 acres in 1939. The orchards have grown to over 120 acres today with varieties including the popular honey crisp, macintosh, gala and ambrosia.With our cold-storage facilities our apples are available year-round with a fresh picked-off-the-tree flavour and crispness. Visit us in the Fall to pick-your-own apples and we’ll take you on a kid-friendly tractor wagon to the orchard! In the Spring, Summer & Fall months, we’re just a few steps away from the Bruce Trail and the Ganaraska Trail (be sure to check Ontario trails for many more scenic sites available in our area). Hikers and cyclists are always welcome. In the Winter, we’re around the corner from Devil’s Glen Ski Club and on trails sanctioned by the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC), so come on in for our famous cup-a-joe.
- Baked items daily: butter tarts, fresh fruit pies & bread.
- Honey crisp, cortland & other apple varieties.
- Asparagus, sweet corn and other local & homegrown seasonal produce.
- Eat-In or take-out home-cooked meals as well as take-home frozen meals.
- Giffen Orchard Fresh Pressed Cider
- Local Ontario jams and preserves
- Wellesley Brand apple butter
- Millbank cheese
- Collingwood Honey Farm
- Higginson Farms‘ angus beef from Meaford, ON
- Miller’s Dairy fresh jersey milk
- Stemmler Meats’ bacon, sausages and smoked pork chops
- Local handcrafted quilts and gifts
- Events for Life wooden signs
- Much, much more!