Welcome To Giffen’s:
The Giffen Family has a secret and that’s our award winning butter tart recipe. Mary Giffen and her team are perfectionists when it comes to their famous butter tarts and fresh fruit pies, available year-round. Apple, cherry, raspberry, strawberry rhubarb & blueberry are always baked with local fresh (or frozen) fruit.
Our kitchen serves delicious breakfasts and lunches. Made-to-order eggs, homestyle soups everyday and daily lunch specials. Weekend-only eggs benedict, killer omelettes, french toast (with blueberry or apple compote) only to name a few. We also make our own frozen, carry-home entrees like lasagne, mac and cheese, various pot pies, cabbage rolls and more. Buy one and you’ll be back for more!
Bob Giffen has grown the original orchards from 5 acres in 1939 to over 120 acres today with varieties including the popular honey crisp and cortland.With our cold-storage facilities our apples are available year-round with a fresh picked-off-the-tree flavour and crispness. Visit us in the Fall to pick-your-own apples and we’ll take you on a kid-friendly tractor wagon to the orchard!
In the Spring, Summer & Fall months, we’re just a few steps away from the Bruce Trail and the Ganaraska Trail (be sure to check Ontario trails for many more scenic sites available in our area). Hikers and cyclists are always welcome.
- Baked items daily: butter tarts, fresh fruit pies & bread.
- Honey crisp, cortland & other apple varieties.
- Asparagus, sweet corn and other local & homegrown seasonal produce.
- Eat-In or take-out home-cooked meals as well as take-home frozen meals.
- Giffen Orchard Fresh Pressed Cider
- Olkaga Farms jam, salsa, etc.
- Wellesley Brand apple products
- Millbank cheese
- Honey From The Woods
- John BM Martin pure Ontario maple syrup
- Miller’s Dairy fresh jersey milk
- Stemmler’s meats & cheeses
- Much, much more!